Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Trump/Putin Bromance 2

Yesterday, having just finished writing the post on the Trump/Putin Bromance, I heard the news that we are expelling 60 Russian diplomats in retaliation for the poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter. Thinking about it I imagined being a fly on the wall during the last conversation between President Trump and Vladimir Putin. Hey Vlad, Congratulations on your reelection, really great for our cause. Listen, You know I have been soft on you, removing an anti-Russian plank from the Republican Presidential Convention and not messing with the finances of you’re and your guy’ moneys by the recent sanctions. In the sanctions we only targeted minor elements along with your chef. But the pressure is on me to do something so as not to lose my position. Vlad, what can you recommend I do? Well, Donald, that was quite a victory I won, huh? Had more people in my crowd than you did at the inauguration. I appreciate you being able to tone things down while letting there be a lot of noise about your new toughness on Russia. Here’s what I recommend. Throw out a big bunch of our diplomats. With our ability to hack with your systems their value has really diminished. This should keep the critics quiet for a while and not touch my or my friend’s finances. In response, I will make some blustering noises to satisfy my guys and to add to the effect at your end. Good hearing from you and lets not wait too long to get together and chat again. Call me any time you need some advice.

0 comments: